English: Grammar Workshops
Workshop to revise and improve some aspects of English grammar.
- Non-native PhD and Postdoc, MPhil by Research students from the Department of Engineering
- Participants must be Non-native speakers
Number of sessions: 1
|1||Thu 6 Mar 2014||11:15 - 13:15||Department of Engineering, Language Unit Meeting Room||map||Sheila Dodds|
- We will be looking at tenses, conditionals, modal verbs and passives.
- As time will be limited, it will not be possible to cover any of these topics comprehensively, and we will therefore be focusing on some of the areas that most often cause students difficulty.
- To help students revise and extend their understanding of how to use verbs in both written and spoken English.
Class work and individual study
One session of two hours
- English: Speaking Skills: Fluency and Appropriacy (Advanced)
- English: Speaking Skills: Presentation Skills
- English: Speaking Skills: Pronunciation Skills
- English: Writing Skills Two week intensive (PhD Engineering ONLY)
- English Focus on Writing - Non-native PhD and Postdoc, MPhil by Research students from the Department of Engineering
- English: Writing: The Basics of Writing: Your Strategy
- English Focus on Writing 3 - Session 7 (Nonnative Postdoc, PhD and MPhil by Research Engineering ONLY)
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Planning and Writing the Literature Review
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Preparing Successful Poster Presentations
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Presenting your Results and Findings
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - What makes a good Abstract and Title?
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Working on the Discussion and Conclusions Sections
- English: Cultural Awareness
- English: Grammar for Speaking & Writing: Articles
Booking / availability