English: Grammar Workshops
Provided by: ELU
Thu 6 Mar 2014 – Department of Engineering, Language Unit Meeting Room
Bookings cannot be made on this event
(Event is completed)
Register your interest - if you would be interested in additional dates being scheduled.
Description: Workshop to revise and improve some aspects of English grammar.
- Non-native PhD and Postdoc, MPhil by Research students from the Department of Engineering
Duration: One session of two hours
Number of sessions: 1
|Thu 6 Mar||11:15 - 13:15||Department of Engineering, Language Unit Meeting Room||Sheila Dodds|
Format: Class work and individual study
- Participants must be Non-native speakers
- To help students revise and extend their understanding of how to use verbs in both written and spoken English.
- We will be looking at tenses, conditionals, modal verbs and passives.
- As time will be limited, it will not be possible to cover any of these topics comprehensively, and we will therefore be focusing on some of the areas that most often cause students difficulty.
- English: Speaking Skills: Fluency and Appropriacy
- English: Speaking Skills: Giving presentations in English
- English: Speaking Skills: Pronunciation Skills
- English: Writing Skills Two week intensive (PhD Engineering ONLY)
- English Focus on Writing - Non-native PhD and Postdoc, MPhil by Research students from the Department of Engineering
- English: Writing: The Basics of Writing: Your Strategy
- English Focus on Writing 3 - Session 7 (Nonnative Postdoc, PhD and MPhil by Research Engineering ONLY)
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Planning and Writing the Literature Review
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Preparing Successful Poster Presentations
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Presenting your Results and Findings
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - What makes a good Abstract and Title?
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Working on the Discussion and Conclusions Sections
- English: Cultural Awareness
- English: Grammar for Speaking & Writing: Articles