English: Grammar Workshop - Verbs 2
Provided by: ELU
Tue 13 May 2014 – Department of Engineering, Language Unit Meeting Room
Bookings cannot be made on this event
(Event is completed)
Register your interest - if you would be interested in additional dates being scheduled.
Description: Workshop to revise and improve some aspects of English grammar.
- Non-native PhD and Postdoc, MPhil by Research students from the Department of Engineering
Duration: One session of two hours
Number of sessions: 1
|Tue 13 May||11:15 - 13:15||Department of Engineering, Language Unit Meeting Room||Sheila Dodds|
Format: Class work and individual study
- Participants must be Non-native speakers
- To help students revise and extend their understanding of how to use verbs in both written and spoken English.
Topics covered: Following on from the recent Verbs (1) workshop, we will be looking at more advanced conditional and subjunctive structures, and also at some modal verbs. There will be both spoken and written practice. As before, it will not be possible to cover these topics comprehensively, and so we will be focusing on some of the areas that most often cause students difficulty. Students are therefore encouraged to write in advance to Sheila Dodds (smd48) if they have any specific areas or problems which they would like to be addressed.
- English: Speaking Skills: Fluency and Appropriacy
- English: Speaking Skills: Giving presentations in English
- English: Speaking Skills: Pronunciation Skills
- English: Writing Skills Two week intensive (PhD Engineering ONLY)
- English Focus on Writing - Non-native PhD and Postdoc, MPhil by Research students from the Department of Engineering
- English: Writing: The Basics of Writing: Your Strategy
- English Focus on Writing 3 - Session 7 (Nonnative Postdoc, PhD and MPhil by Research Engineering ONLY)
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Planning and Writing the Literature Review
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Preparing Successful Poster Presentations
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Presenting your Results and Findings
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - What makes a good Abstract and Title?
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Working on the Discussion and Conclusions Sections
- English: Cultural Awareness
- English: Grammar for Speaking & Writing: Articles