English: Grammar Workshop - Verbs 2 New
Workshop to revise and improve some aspects of English grammar.
- Non-native PhD and Postdoc, MPhil by Research students from the Department of Engineering
- Participants must be Non-native speakers
Number of sessions: 1
|1||Tue 13 May 2014||11:15 - 13:15||Department of Engineering, Language Unit Meeting Room||map||Sheila Dodds|
Following on from the recent Verbs (1) workshop, we will be looking at more advanced conditional and subjunctive structures, and also at some modal verbs. There will be both spoken and written practice. As before, it will not be possible to cover these topics comprehensively, and so we will be focusing on some of the areas that most often cause students difficulty. Students are therefore encouraged to write in advance to Sheila Dodds (smd48) if they have any specific areas or problems which they would like to be addressed.
- To help students revise and extend their understanding of how to use verbs in both written and spoken English.
Class work and individual study
One session of two hours
- English: Speaking Skills: Fluency and Appropriacy (Advanced)
- English: Speaking Skills: Presentation Skills
- English: Speaking Skills: Pronunciation Skills
- English: Writing Skills Two week intensive (PhD Engineering ONLY)
- English Focus on Writing - Non-native PhD and Postdoc, MPhil by Research students from the Department of Engineering
- English: Writing: The Basics of Writing: Your Strategy
- English Focus on Writing 3 - Session 7 (Nonnative Postdoc, PhD and MPhil by Research Engineering ONLY)
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Planning and Writing the Literature Review
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Preparing Successful Poster Presentations
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Presenting your Results and Findings
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - What makes a good Abstract and Title?
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Working on the Discussion and Conclusions Sections
- English: Cultural Awareness
- English: Grammar for Speaking & Writing: Articles
Booking / availability