English Focus on Writing 3 - Session 7 (Nonnative Postdoc, PhD and MPhil by Research Engineering ONLY)
Bookings cannot be made on this event
(Event is completed)
Register your interest - if you would be interested in additional dates being scheduled.
Description: Post-Writing Stage-Proofreading and Peer Review. This is the last step in the Post-Writing Stage so we look at aspects such as format, typography, spelling and punctuation. In addition you, as an author/peer-reviewer, may like to give/receive feedback to regarding content and organisation; grammatical accuracy and overall style. You are welcome to bring some of your own work along for this session.
- Non-Native PostDocs, PhD and Mphil by Research students from the Department of Engineering
- Further details regarding Engineering Language Unit's eligibility criteria are available
Duration: One session of two hours
Number of sessions: 1
|Wed 5 Jun||11:00 - 13:00||Department of Engineering, Lecture Room 3B||Dr D.M.A. Chappell|
Format: Class work and individual study
- Participants must be Non-native speakers
- Assist students with aspects of structure, vocabulary and cohesion of texts
- help develop the ability to edit own texts
- develop an understanding of academic style and techniques for scientific writing
- to look at aspects such as format, typography, spelling and punctuation.
Syllabus: Course syllabus for all 7 sessions is available
- English Speaking Skills: fluency
- English Speaking: Giving presentations in English
- English speaking skills: Pronunciation Skills
- English Focus on Writing - Non-native PhD and Postdoc, MPhil by Research students from the Department of Engineering
- English Focus on Writing - Lent
- English: Writing Skills Two week intensive (PhD Engineering ONLY)
- English Writing Surgery - 4 WEEK COURSE ( Nonnative Postdoc, PhD and MPhil by Research Engineering ONLY)
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Planning and Writing the Literature Review
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Preparing Successful Poster Presentations
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Presenting your Results and Findings
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - What makes a good Abstract and Title?
- English: Writing Skills Workshop - Working on the Discussion and Conclusions Sections
- English: Cultural Awareness Workshop 1 (Department of Engineering ONLY)
- English: Grammar Workshop - Using articles