www.lynda.com is an Online Training Library® that is a constantly growing and evolving body of training video tutorials designed to help you learn what you want, when you want it. You have access to over 1000 courses and 75000 tutorials organized by subject or software and the content is growing every week.
- All current Cambridge University members (departments and colleges)
- Further details regarding eligibility criteria are available
Lynda.com is a self-teach video library of software training and tutorials.
Closed captioning is being introduced for select training titles, denoted by the CC graphic. The benefits of closed captioning are that it helps those with impaired hearing follow along and also enables you to search the text of the close captioned movies in the library.
Closed captioning is an assistive technology that presents spoken words and sounds as a text track, or captions. The term closed means that not all viewers see the captions automatically; closed captions must be activated or enabled.
- An Internet connection with sufficient bandwidth
- A minimum screen resolution of 1024x768
- Apple QuickTime 7.5, Windows Media Player 10, Adobe Flash Player 9
- Use QuickTime 7.5.5 with Safari for Mac
- Internet Explorer 7.0 (64-bit Internet Explorer 7.0 is not supported)
- Firefox 3.0
- Safari 4.1.2
- Google Chrome 11.0
- Windows XP with SP3 or Mac OS X 10.4.11
Access to the library is allocated in one week periods, request a login via email to course admin
- Basic IT Skills
- Design and Desktop Publishing
- Documentation & Wordprocessing
- Graphics and Photos
- Macintosh System & Use
- Programming and Scripting
- Project Management
- Techlinks & IT Support Staff
- Web Browsing & Searching
- Web Publishing & Management
- Windows Systems & Use
Booking / availability