Laser Safety for Class 3B and 4 Laser Users and Research Supervisors
Bookings cannot be made on this event
(Event is completed)
The following alternative dates are available:
Mon 26 Oct 2015
Thu 5 Nov 2015
Mon 18 Jan 2016
Tue 29 Mar 2016
Register your interest - if you cannot make any of the currently scheduled dates and would be interested in additional dates being scheduled.
Description: This course is an essential component of training for new laser users, which should be backed up by practical training in departments.
The course may be suitable for users of other classes of lasers, depending on the risk, but please discuss this with your Laser Safety Officer first.
- University staff and students
- Further details regarding OHSS’ eligibility criteria are available
Duration: One half day session
Number of sessions: 1
|Tue 7 May||14:00 - 16:30||8 Mill Lane, Lecture Room 6||Lisabeth Yates , David R Plumb|
- To provide supervisors and users with an introduction to laser safety and the relevant regulations and standards that apply to laser use
- To provide an understanding of the laser hazards and practical methods of protection for Class 3B and 4 lasers, in order that users can carry out a risk assessment and develop an action plan for your own work/section/department.
- The biological effects of laser radiation on the eye and skin
- Risk assessment (with examples)
- A simple beam hazard assessment
- How to apply practical control measures
Charging: College staff are charged £15 per participant, see charging for further information.