Electronic Lab Notebooks: Solutions for Paperless Research New
Increasing numbers of electronic alternatives to the traditional paper lab book are available, offering advanced opportunities for managing your research.
- Are you moving towards web-enabled working in the lab?
- Have you considered the advantages of - and issues around - going paperless?
Hear from researchers and PIs across the disciplines who are using Electronic Lab Notebooks (ELNs) and those considering a trial, and from current providers.
This event is sponsored by Dotmatics.
- PhD students
- Administrative staff
- Members of the public
- Further details regarding eligibility criteria are available
Booking through this website requires a Raven login. If you would like to attend and are not a member of the University of Cambridge, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will book a place on your behalf.
Number of sessions: 1
|1||Fri 13 Jan 09:30 - 17:30||09:30 - 17:30||Department of Engineering, Lecture Room 6||map|
A panel of speakers will discuss:
- how ELNs can help you document, integrate, store, search and collaborate on your research data
- differing considerations for academia and for industry
- data storage, security and compliance requirements
- products on the market - from established providers and from start-ups
- advantages and limitations of open source products
There will be opportunities to ask them your questions, and to discuss the issues in greater depth.
Presentations, interactive sessions, panel discussion.
Draft programme of the event is available here.
- Please bring your own internet-enabled device to the session
One session of 7.5 hours
Booking / availability